Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 8

Day 8 — Skye/Edinburgh
After breakfast, start our journey back to Edinburgh, stopping along the way for lunch and a short hike to photograph the beautiful Falls of the Bruar in Cairngorms National Park. Arrive in Edinburgh in the late afternoon and transfer to the city center or to the airport for your flight home. (B,L)

I am not going to try tonight to list where we stopped.  This was the day that we drove from Skye to Edinburgh.  Mike and Carol had to leave early the next day on a plane, so we needed to be back at a decent hour.  I LOVE my photos from this day.

The one below is taken with my iPhone with pano selection:















I want to add a quick note that the above castle photo was taken in Stirling.  We also ate dinner in Stirling before heading back to Edinburg.  But the area that we traveled through between Glen Coe and Stirling was McGregor "country".....It was quite lovely, but we didn't make stops.  That was not a problem for me since I had done a McGregor tour many years ago and have lots of photos from that trip.  Perhaps I'll add some of them to this blog one of these days.

At the end of the evening, Mary and Neil and I went out looking for a bar in which to taste whiskey.  We couldn't get in the one that Mary and I went to the first night.  So we walked down the street.  I took a photo of the place the next day:


No comments:

Post a Comment