Monday, April 13, 2015

Scotland yarn

I had the crazy thought that perhaps I might take one day on my own to look at yarn while we are traveling in Scotland.  The first place that I clicked on after googling was an amazing site:

Here are some of the places of interest mentioned on this site:

Old Maiden Aunt:

studio 30, Ritchie Street
West Kilbride   KA23 9AL


opening hours:
studio is open to visitors thursdays & fridays 11am-3pm
& saturdays 12-4pm


From the map above, this looks as if it would be a jaunt after the tour when we are staying in Glasgow....not during the tour....these dates will be April 31st, May 1st and May 2nd as we are flying home on May 3rd so this would work on Friday or Saturday if this area would be of interest.  



I found another place that might be of interest when we visit The Isle of Skye:


In Edinburgh, I found this shop:


and the below which seems to be only an on-line store:


Isle of Mull:


We will be on the Isle of Mull on day four which is the 26th.  It is a Sunday, so I would need to get hold of someone if I wished to view the yarn.  It is not clear if we will actually have time on the Isle of Mull this day or if it is a quick stopover on the way to Iona and Staffa.  


No comments:

Post a Comment